These laboratories demonstrate Sumy National Agrarian University’s commitment to advancing scientific research in ecological agriculture, nature management, potato growing, livestock product safety, genetic research, and electron microscopy. The university aims to contribute valuable knowledge and innovations in these fields for the benefit of agriculture, food safety, and scientific advancements.
Center for the Collective Use of Scientific Equipment: “Laboratory of Ecological Agriculture and Nature Management”
Institute of Problems of Potato Growing in the North-East of Ukraine
The institute focuses on the development and resolution of scientific issues related to breeding, seed production, cultivation technology, storage, and processing of potatoes. Specific areas of research include:
- Investigation of new potato varieties with emphasis on realizing their biological potential.
- Cultivation of organic products from dietary potato varieties on a certified experimental plot.
- Conducting field research to achieve three harvests of early potato varieties in a single growing season.
- Improvement and optimization of technological processes for potato cultivation at SNAU, providing scientific and methodological recommendations to producers.
Innovative Technologies and Safety and Quality of Livestock Products Laboratory
This laboratory specializes in research on the quality and safety of food products, aiming to prevent dangerous products from entering the Ukrainian market. Specific research areas include:
- Development of new drugs for animal husbandry as alternatives to antibiotics.
- Introduction of developed drugs into the production of NVF “Brovapharma.”
Laboratory of PCR Diagnostics for Molecular Biology and Genetic Research
This laboratory is dedicated to conducting molecular biological and genetic research, with a focus on:
- Determination of the genetics of quantitative traits of seed flax.
- Selection of promising lines of common wheat to create varieties with group resistance to diseases.
Educational and Scientific Laboratory of Electron Microscopy
This laboratory conducts research on the microstructure, microrelief, phase, and elemental composition of inorganic, metallic, and biological samples. The methods employed include scanning (raster) and transmission (illumination) electron microscopy.