The Scientific Coordination Council, functioning as a collegial advisory, consultative, and expert body, is overseen by the Vice-Rector for Research and International Activities. The council is headed by the Vice-Rector for Research and International Activities, and its vice-chairpersons, academic secretary, and members are appointed by the university rector. Membership comprises directors of institutes, the head of the specialized council, the head of the scientific research department, the head of the postgraduate program, and key academic leaders.
Functions of the Scientific Coordination Council:
- Determine promising areas of scientific activity.
- Review and approve current scientific research plans.
- Monitor the state of scientific and organizational work within the university.
- Oversee specialized scientific councils and research work in institutes, faculties, and scientific divisions.
- Supervise the Council for scientific research work of students, postgraduates, and young scientists.
- Monitor the implementation of state budget, contractual, and internally funded scientific research.
- Coordinate publishing activities.
- Coordinate complex scientific research conducted jointly by various university divisions.
- Oversee the university’s patent-licensing activities.
- Assess the state of training highly qualified personnel through doctoral studies, postgraduate studies, and scientific internships.
- Conduct scientific assessments of research works.
- Attest doctoral students’ work and assess the work of scholars of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- Approve topics for candidate and doctoral theses, appoint scientific supervisors and consultants, and attach natural persons as awardees.
- Recommend printing issues of periodicals.
- Examine and competitively select projects for scientific and technical programs at various levels.
- Assess intermediate and final results of scientific and technical projects within the framework of national plans.
- Develop measures to improve scientific activity.
- Develop and implement methodological principles of scientific research.
- Consider other issues related to scientific work at the university.
The head of the Scientific Coordination Council ensures the organization of meetings and oversees the implementation of decisions. Meetings are held according to the approved work plan, and members are informed in advance. The secretary of the council manages preparations, records results, and ensures materials are submitted in advance. The council can make decisions with the presence of at least half its members, except in specific cases requiring 2/3 attendance. Decisions are made by a majority vote, with the chairman having the decisive vote in case of a tie.
Decisions are formalized in protocols, signed by the chairman and secretary, and submitted to the archive at the end of the year. The head of the Scientific Coordination Council exercises control over the implementation of this regulation.
Yury DANKO, Vice-rector for research and international activities
Oleh PASKO, Head of the Research Coordination Office
Svitlana YAROSCHUK, Head of the postgraduate and doctoral studies department
Oksana PRYKHODCHENKO, a leading specialist in the of the Research Coordination Office
Yuliya PAVLENKO, Head of the Department of Technology of Production and Processing of Animal Husbandry and Canine Products
Oleksandr KISELYOV, Deputy Dean for Research
Olha BORDUNOVA, Head of the Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology
Vladyslav DUSHIN, associate professor of the Department of Building Structures
Nataliya SRIBNYAK, Deputy Dean for Research
Vladyslav ZUBKO, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Mykhailo DUMANCHUK, Deputy Dean for Research
Vyacheslav TARELNYK, Head of the technical service department
Ihor MASYK, Deputy Dean for Research
Andriy MELNYK, professor of the Department of Horticulture and Forestry
Yury MISHCHENKO, professor of the Department of Agricultural Technologies and Soil Science
Viktoriya SKLYAR, Head of the Department of Ecology and Botany
Roman PETROV, Head of the Department of Virusology, Patanatomy and Bird Diseases named after professor I.I.PANICAR
Tetyana FOTINA, Head of the Department of Veterinary Examination, Microbiology, Zoohygiene and Safety And Quality of Livestock Products
Oksana SHKROMADA, Deputy Dean for Research
Alina BRYCHKO, Deputy Dean for Research
Olena SLAVKOVA, Head of the Department of Public Management and Administration
Maryna SAMILYK, Head of the Department of Technologies and Food Safety
Tetyana STEPANOVA, Deputy Dean for Research
Nataliya VOLCHENKO, Head of the Department of International Relations
Mykola MYKHAILICHENKO, Deputy Dean for Research